Tuesday, December 12, 2006

XNA Party

I went to the Microsoft XNA release party last night. XNA is a plug-in for Visual Studios that simplifies the programming of games for the X-box 360. Microsoft's goal is to add a shot in the arm for the home brew crew. Most of the time was spent watching some of the developers showing some sample code which was cool, but the sound system blew so I could not hear much of what they were saying.

They also had some of the games that were made by during the Beta testing of XNA. My favorite was a four player Asteroids rip-off. It was very pretty and fast paced.

There was no swag, but they did give away some raffle prizes. 527604 got a four month subscription to XNA Creator's Club. 527606 got a Premium X-Box 360. I was of course 527605. Bet you wish you had come now Ian/Jim.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude... I was sitting in a hospital with a bunch of women with baby fever...

-Ian

technogreek said...

I wish I had a good excuse other than weather/traffic limiting me to getting up to Lynnwood from Northgate... next time 'round for sure. Glad you had a good time!