Wednesday, April 26, 2006

In Carson City Every Day Is a Gamble

So I am in Nevada this week. So far it has been loads of fun.

On Monday, after a long day I was heading to the Hotel to check in. I was driving by the State House building when I ran over this:

At the time I just recognized that I had ran over something but did not think twice. It was a mile or two later when I was able to get over 25 that I started to hear a thump-thump. So instead of making the wise move and pushing on to the hotel, because after all "It's just a rental". I pulled in to the Wendys' parking lot. I called Avis Roadside assistance and was assured it would only be a half an hour. So I went in to Wendys' and had one of the worst Spicy Chicken Sandwiches ever. After 45 minutes I get an automated call from Roadside Assistance asking if help had arrived. Turns out that the tow driver got a call from the police and that takes priority... Apparently over even calling me to letting me know they were going to be delayed. I know they had my number from later events.

So RA finds another tow driver and he was there in 15 minutes. He takes one look at the wimpy ass jack and lug wrench and makes the same call I made No Fucking Way. He pulls out his fancy ass shit and gets the job done in 15 minutes.

The tow driver also repeats the same warning that the RA guy gave "don't drive this tire over 55". Figures I finally get what could be called a "sporty" car and I can't drive sporty-ish-ly. Not that I would.

So to top off the night, it had been a Long day so I went to bed at 9:45 and had just fallen asleep when the asshole from the 1st towing company called saying he could not find my car. A mere 3 hours late. He then wanted my credit card number so that he could bill me for the false call. I did not comply.

No comments: