Tuesday, July 18, 2006

One Humdinger of a Story

This is a long one so you may want to go to the restroom first...

It's OK I'll wait...

I hope you washed your hands.

So about 6 months ago the SRS light came on in my Honda. I looked it up and discovered it was the Supplementary Restraint System light and since I will never die, I knew it could wait until my next tune up. So fast forward 4 months until the Service Engine Light comes on. BTW I like the light system, it make me so lazy. I wish I could get a navigation system to tie into the turning signals so that I could just follow the lights. But anyway I went in to the Dealer where I bought my car, and got my service done. It turns out the light was because the seat built had a faulty sensor. Unfortunately they did not stock the part so they would need to order. I told them I was going to be traveling a BUNCH over the next few months so that it would be difficult to get our schedules to match. Well after 3 + weeks I was finally able to make an apointment that worked with my schedule, so I went in at 1 pm to get this work done. Since the work was only supposed to take an hour or so I decided to wait in the waiting area. And wait is what I did... Two hours later my service dude comes to get he tells me there was a problem with the part and I would have to come back. As I was getting in the car I asked what the problem was and he told me that the part had been sent back to the factory!!!! Now had they told me this after I had been there after 15 minutes, I would not have been upset since mistakes happen, but after 2 hours!!!!

So last week I got a call from the research firm that Honda uses to figure out how they are doing and I laid in to them. I don't think I gave them higher than a two and my score was so low that they wanted me to complete a more detailed survey to get to the root of the problem. In the spirit of honesty I guess I should mention that I was waiting at the airport and that my flight had been delayed an hour, so I was already not in a happy place.

Jumping ahead to the present. I got a call from Glenn at the dealer and they have my part. Since I have short timer's, what with my trip the San Diego Comic Con starting tomorrow, I adjusted my schedule so that I could drop it if. In compensation for the inconveniences they offered a rental car for the day and a detailing of my car at a latter date.

Now that the back ground is done, I can now get to the punchline :)

So the dealer uses Enterprise as their loaner car program, and when I went in to the office there are two hotties and one guy. So as par for the course I ended up getting a Hummer from the guy and not one of the hotties. Sometime life is just not fair.

BTW I am not at all impressed with the H3. While it drives OK, it seams really small inside but still too large for any sort of normal parking.

No comments: