Sunday, January 29, 2006

Poker in the Rear, Baseball on the Grass

Last night was the monthly poker game at the Comic Stop in Lynnwood. The winner of the event won an Ultimate Fantastic Four Hardcover. I was not the winner. :(

I was the first one to lose in the first round at my table. I had pocket 10s with another 10 in the flop (the first three cards), but was beat by a flush from the river (the last card shown). The same person went on to beat two pairs by getting a three of a kind from the river. And then won the table by beating a three of a kind with an inside straight also from the river!!!!

Today I went to the 2006 Mariner's FanFest. The first thing I have got to say it was damn cold. I know it is still January but this is Seattle.

The FanFest was cool because I got to go into the M's clubhouse, run around the bases, sit in the visitor's dugout, and throw a ball in the bullpen. Pictures below:

Home plate from second base.

View of the Scoreboard from Second Base

View of Second Base from Second base

View of Home Plate from Visitor's Dugout

Still in Dugout looking at Home Plate but this time I'm standing at the rail.

See there is the Rail

Since I was running around connecting the phone to the PC, I took a quick work in progress picture of the mosaic.

No comments: