Friday, May 19, 2006

Better Than The Current President

Last night I finished watching the first Season of the West Wing on DVD. I will worn anyone reading this that I will be spoiling plot points from this and future seasons in this review.

When this show first came on I only watched the first episode but according to this site, it was up against Star Trek Voyager and Roswell and at that time I only had the ability record two programs at once and two genera shows won out. I did give up on Roswell after a few months, but I did not get back into the show until the second season after the glowing recommendation of my friend Drew.

I really enjoyed this season, it was kind of cool seeing some of the back stories of the characters I have been following for the last six years. One of my favorite things about this season was the foreshadowing they were setting up for future seasons. Two of my favorites were the President talking to his daughter Zoey about his worst nightmare of her going to a club and being kidnapped by outside forces which is exactly what happens at the end of season four and Donna telling Josh that a good boss would take her to Hawaii which is exactly what happens in Season 7.

This show was created by Aaron Sorkin, who also created Sports Night. The good news is that his new show Studio 60 was picked up by NBC, so I can look forward to some of the best dialog on TV again.

No comments: