Friday, March 23, 2007

A good idea?

Today's Onion Radio News has a story about a "New Bill Will Send Illegal Immigrants To Iraq". I know this was posted as a joke but why is this a bad idea? Why not have a new path opened up to US citizenship for any qualified candidate that signs up for four years of military service. I would keep the existing paths to citizenship, and would just use this as an alternate path. I know this is not a new idea, since it was used as the motivation to join the service in Starship Troopers.

1 comment:

DawnOfTheRead said...

I find I really don't want to like this idea, but if it is completely voluntary and they are still getting some money to send home to their families, why not? Although it certainly sounds like it would just be the military outsourcing for cheaper labor, which is the American way, and probably inevitable anyways ;)