Monday, March 20, 2006

Wizard World LAme - Day 2

Since I had so much fun at Day 1 of Wizard World LA, I decided to spend Day 2 working.

I showed up at the Convention site at about 4:30 PM. Did a quick walk through the floor and realized that there were a few more people but not many. At 5 pm I decided to go see my first panel of the show: Marvel's Civil War. I kind of got the feeling that even the audience did not want to be there. I really enjoy Mark Millar's writing so I am sure that I will pick it up, but this whole crossover sounds so stupid. Marvel has a poor track record of crossovers that are going to "Change the Face of the Marvel Universe" that don't. The last big crossover was House of M. It reduced the number of Mutants in the Marvel Universe but increased the number of titles covering them. It is hard to miss them if they don't freaking go away.

I did actually spend some of that HARD earned cash that I acquired. I picked up the Fantastic Four Omnibus for $60. A very good deal for a difficult book to find. Plus it had the Kirby cover.

After the show most of the same gang went to dinner again. This time is was much less of an adventure since we went to the Farmer's Market. I had very dry Schwarma. I was kicking my self because after eating I found a Cajun joint that looked really good.

After dinner we went to the Figarowa Bar (The Un-Official Bar of the Con) and hung out for a couple of hours. Had a good time talking comics with people that do it for a living.

No comments: