Monday, March 06, 2006

I've Been Busy Give Me a Break

OK, I'm a worthless piece of shoe.

I started this blog with the stated purpose of working in non-concise verbiage, since my natural state of writing is to be concise to the point of not getting my point across. Well at first I was doing OK, but I noticed that I was slipping into old habits and promised myself I was going to stop cheating.

Well I guess I can see where that got me.

My problems have been two fold. I have been working more and my allergies have been so bad that I have had no energy. In the past I have gotten over the allergy-caused energy shortage by drinking lots of Pepsi. Since I have sharply cut down on my intake it has been very tough to get the required motivation to do anything other than not move. Which surprisingly requires some motivation and pre-planning to pull off.

The first step in solving a problem is to identify it. Since I can't cut back on work, I needed to fix the allergy problem. This meant that I needed to get rid of Gracie. :(

So on Saturday, Beau and Maryanne once again inherited a cat. The last report I got was that she is doing well and does not seem bothered by their GIANT dog they have. I for one miss having her around but I am noticing a marked improvement on my general health. I can wear my contacts again and my nose is not stuffed up any more. My chest is still congested but it took some time to get this bad so I'm guessing it will take a week or so to clear up.

So I spent a large chuck of time on Saturday and Sunday de-catting my place. This has just reinforced my plan to get a cleaning lady. Dan B at work has recommended his renter as someone that is in the Biz. I think when I get back from LA, I am going to set this up.

Speaking of LA, I am going. I leave on the 10th and will be returning on the 20th. What is cool about that time frame is that Wizard World's Los Angeles comic book convention happens to be the 17th - 19th. While I won't be able to spend as much time there as I would like because of the stupid work, I will be able to have some fun and will get to hang with Jim since he will be there for his work.

2 comments:

Peach said...

One word.......Claritin :) use it
too bad (LA) smog does a bad thing to alergies too P

PalinDrome said...

I have yet to find an allergy medicine that does not make me feel cotton-headed. While it cures the symptoms, the slow brain feeling bugs me.

I have not had any problems with the smog, I am just allergic to all the damn people that are out and about all the time. Get a Job you freaks!!!!