Monday, March 20, 2006

Wizard World LAme - Day 3

I had such a great time going to Wizard World the last two days that I decided to go to a movie instead.

There were other reasons to help make up my mind. The biggest one was that Jim was going to a concert that night so I would not be able to hang with him much and the LA Marathon was basically started and finished at the Convention Center. Because of this most of the roads to the area would be closed. Not my idea of a good time.

So I went to see V for Vendetta.


This movie rocks. It is based on a comic by Alan Moore and David Lloyd. I had decided to not reread the book until after seeing the film so that I could experience the film was a fresher eye. But now that I have seen it I am looking forward to pulling out the old series so that I can see if Alan is the Nostradamus of our times or if the Wackowski Brothers were able to craft the premise in to the allegory of Bush's America. The central theme of the movie is so spot on to America of today that it is scary.

No comments: