Thursday, February 16, 2006

Allergy Update

Spent Tuesday night on Dust Mite eradication. I switched to a new brand of Cat Litter, gave Gary C. a bath, vacuumed the condo and changed the linens again. And after two days it looks like Gracie will be getting a reprieve on the eviction notice.

Funny story: when I first found out about this Dust Mite Issue I went out and bought a new bagless vacuum with a HEPA filter. I seem to remember it was about $75 for the Dust Devil model that seemed to fit my needs best. I liked the fact that it had a powered attachment for stairs. Well last week when I finished vacuuming I took the canister downstairs to empty it. I opened the trash can and turned my head away so I would not get a face full of dust. I though that might be a good idea with the allergies and all. But because of this I did not notice that the filter went with the dirt. So Tuesday when I went to vacuum I ended up with a cloud of dust in the spare room. I'm glad I had not got to the bedroom before I noticed or it would have invalidated the entire experiment.

No comments: