Friday, February 03, 2006

The Legend of Zeta-Jones' Cleavage

Since this is the week before the February Sweeps begin, this tends to be a slower week for new TV programs. So when I got home last night the Tivo cupboard was bare.

Since I am making a point to spend more time sitting on the couch so that Gray C. and I can spend more time bonding, I picked up the Legend of Zorro to watch.



This was a fun movie but not as good as the first. I did have one major problem that made it very hard to suspend my disbelief. There were numerous instances that when I was watching the movie I kept thinking "Just Shoot Him!!!" Why on Earth would you run up to a guy with a sword when you have a perfectly good gun? Often the a "good" writer will make this issue moot by having the Hero protected by close quarters or in amongst the shooter's friends. But not this movie, It's like "look there is Zorro lets put these Boom Sticks down and pull out our swords. I'm sure he is not very good with one."

I also got the feeling they were setting up the storyline for another sequel "The Son of Zorro" I would almost be interested in watching that because it would bring the storyline full circle, since the first movie was about the changing of the guard Zorro-wise

No comments: